Did you know that while non-fatal workplace accidents are decreasing, fatal workplace accidents are increasing? Workers’ compensation offers your business protection from work-related injury, illness, or death. Because workers’ compensation insurance is to protect businesses against workplace health and safety liability, it is imperative to find a workers’ compensation policy that best covers your business’s needs.
Here are some benefits that workers’ compensation insurance can provide your business:
- Medical expenses. If an employee sustains a work-related illness or injury and needs medical attention, workers’ compensation insurance can cover the medical expenses for treatment. Medical expense coverage may include hospital visits, medical procedures, and prescriptions.
- Lost wages. If an employee misses work due to illness or injury, workers’ compensation insurance can offer compensation to replace lost wages.
- Disability and rehabilitation. More severe work-related illnesses or injuries may require an employee to seek recovery services. Workers’ compensation can help cover short-term disability and rehabilitation expenses.
- Accident and life. If a work-related accident occurs that results in death, workers’ compensation insurance can offer benefits to the employee’s family members.
- Compliance. While regulations vary from state to state, most businesses are legally required to have workers’ compensation insurance.
- Liability. Workers’ compensation insurance can alleviate attorney fees, court costs, and settlements or judgments if your business is sued for negligence that resulted in a workplace injury or illness.
If you’re looking for a workers’ compensation policy that can be customized to your business needs and flexible payment plans, contact Harbor America. From pay-as-you-go workers’ compensation to full coverage and access to multiple carriers to no down payments and a team of dedicated workers’ compensation specialists, Harbor America is equipped with resources and diverse policies to assist businesses of all sizes to promote healthy and safe workplaces. Contact Harbor America for a free consultation today!